Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This is what it has come to

LUMS had a high security threat.. all Pakistani unis do. So I left the dorms. Hence, limited internet access. Limited. Hence, no blogging!!


AAh! when i am around i am thinking, i will blog about this and i will blog about that!

Been applying to MAsters programs. dimaag ghoom raha hai. Esp after the bad grade i recently got, i seem to have lost my ground in research - i am also losing my confidence

But one things for sure, I LOVE anthropological research - i just need more training. Main tou choota sa ullu bacha huun :P

anyways i often think (now that i am close to graduation), kay aagay kya hoga? According to Absar,
"Gender studies mat parho, koi tum se shaadi nahi karay ga!" Hmm. Thought-Provoking.

Especially since i am interested in studying masculinity.

You know about being an ullu bacha, i am a very dedicated person - i cling to my passion like Harry Potter clings to his broom stick during a Quidditch match. Upon work, I feel the wind, the motion in my body, the excitement go "Whoosh". Oh yeah, upon completion, i feel this calm.

For a few days, my mind cant make sense of the research (after I complete a project- its like i am a seperate entity then) it comes back to me slowly then in a different way and rests within. Seriously, thats what i love!

And u know i always loved writing papers. I had so much going in the summers this year, that i messed up my final paper! According to my instructors, "We'll remember your good papers!"

And hey, masters mein apply karna is a lot of work! - what ARE my research interests?? Well,

Child labor,
islamic art,
masculinity and society,
female genital mutilation,
violence and gender: gendered violence. (all these serial killers killing prostitutes)
sexual torture during war
hmm, trafficking and prositution,
women and work (Oh yeah! working women and their own perceptions!)
And of course, feminist literature - I may not agree with it all but it sure is a fascinating read!

so yeah those are some of my interests!

Now build a statement of purpose on them :)

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment