Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The weight watch

Ok. I have an idea!! Here's the thing, I hav been overweight since I was 12. I hav been overweight half of my life!! Will I b overweight more than half my life? Let's c. Its different being in a bigger body! Esp wen ppl assume a natural right on u- on criticizing u and telling u wat to do! Its frustrating really!
It is,. Khair. As I said, i have been overweight since i was 12. diets, starving, exercise - tried it all and gave it up too quickly. and lets face the facts/fats!

I dont wana spend my youth being overweight. I even want to be a pretty well-dressed and managed older woman - thats who I wanna be. Gotta start now. No matter how pretty u r, weight always plays a crucial role!!! And well, fat is lazy people!- i dont wana be fat :P

if u r a working woman, being overweight doesnt help. u get judged a lot. ur work does count a lot but ur body is the first thing people notice - yes they do and it can become a BIG battle ground for power.. in different ways. People commenting and all. Sure, u can say dont worry abt people - u try not to but after a point, this things gets haunting and frustrating. I have started telling people off - asking them to mind their own business.

But anyways, amidst the control of Naureen vs the world on Naureen, i am embarking on a journey now. I wana c how far I can go with the weight loss thing. Along with some updates, I will enlighten u as to whats its like being in a bigger body size - how it feels sometimes. What people ACTUALLY say. And baby, i know today its ur weight, tommorow its gonna be something else they comment on. ("Naureen tumhari aankhoon mein bohat distance hai :P) - yeah i have been told that too.

But whatever it is, I cant deny that the weight thing is there - i cant overlook the fat. So I choose to lose it.

Will Naureen accomplish her goal? Will she conquer the demon that all women dread?

I'll keep u posted :)

So lets me face the fats!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Ok here is the thing.... (CAUTION: This is MY opinion, the truth can be a lot different.)

    As opposed to pretty and thin women, chubby women are more interesting. They are more fun, sure most guys just want to be friends with them and nothing more, but just saying that a guy wants to be a "friend" (meaning a real one) with a woman is saying something.

    The reason why is adversity. chubby women go through a lot more crap as opposed to thin and lets face it hot women, which makes them use their brains instead of looks. So when you talk to a chubby chick, they ll not only be more interesting, but be more straight forward, no bullshit and "fearless".

    But that does nt mean you keep wanting to be fat. I gained a lot of weight sometime back. But when I moved I not only was given a opportunity to change, but the motivation to do so too. I ran like hell and I exercised, but kept my diet.... well not exactly. I ate what I wanted but my routine and budget limited my number of meals. SO I burned fat like a steak on a grill. And in 6 months I burned like 12 kgs.

    But you know what... its really not about being thin, cuz I still look like crap. Its about staying fit. And frankly thats what you should be focusing on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. Interesting!

    But u know something, I dont think hot or pretty women have it easy. Ur body is the first thing people notice about u - if u r hot, u may be only looked at like that! And it can be really annoying. But boy, pretty women can get their way! Its easier to charm people (esp men) if u r hot.

    And i dont think chubby women are always u know "fearless". Some may have low self-esteem because of their looks. So i guess it does boil down to individual traits... chubby or hot, its how u use it.

    I dont know what exactly u mean by staying fit? some sporty thin people are fit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the low self esteem part is true. But even then, their opinions are their own and they are well thought about too, not the "fashionable" opinion that floats about. Kinda like metalheads. And low self esteem has nothing to do with fearlessness, fearless in my opinion is someone who voices out their socially unadulterated view without thinking about the repercussions to their social or fashion status, which is what chubby chicks are, and thats also why they make great friends. They dont tell you what you want to hear but what you need to hear. In short they are not groupies!

    Staying fit mean that you exercise daily and you eat what you feel like, not minding the calories and all that jazz. Best example? my brother, he weighs a ton and he does nt have a six pack but he is built like a bull. I would know cuz he plays rugby like one.

    ReplyDelete